Replacing a bathtub in Dubai is not something you take lightly. Not only is it a significant appliance, but it’s also an essential part of your home’s overall design and function. That’s why it’s important to do everything possible to find the best replacement bathtub for your needs. In this blog post, SCD Technical Services will explore some of the factors you should consider when replacing your bathtub and give you a ballpark estimate of how much it will cost in Dubai. So whether you’re looking to replace an old one or upgrade to something new, read on for all the details you need to make an informed decision.
What is a bathtub?
A bathtub is a necessary fixture in most homes. It’s a place to relax after a long day, enjoy a hot bath, or get some relief from the hot sun.
Replacing your bathtub can be expensive, depending on the model and type of tub you have. However, there are some things that you can do to make the process more affordable. Here are three tips:
1. Shop Around:
One of the best ways to save money on your bathtub replacement is to shop around. There are many different brands and types of tubs, so it’s crucial to find one that fits your needs and budget. You can also look for deals online or at local stores.
2. Consider Your Tub Size:
Another way to save money on your bathtub replacement is to consider your size. Most manufacturers offer several different sizes of baths, so be sure to select the size that best suits your needs. For instance, if you have a smaller bathroom, consider a smaller tub instead of a larger one. And if you have an extra-large bathroom, you may need a smaller tub. Instead, consider investing in a modular shower system that allows you to customise your space according to your needs.
3. Talk To A Contractor About Rebuilding Your Bathroom:
If replacing your bathtub isn’t financially feasible right now or if you don
Types of bathtubs:
There are a few types of bathtubs that come at various prices. Here’s a breakdown of the different types:
Cast iron bathtubs: These are typically cheaper than other types, and they’re also durable. They tend to be smaller in size, but they can hold more water.
Tile-lined bathtubs: These are more expensive, but they last longer and are easier to clean. They also have more features, like a massage function.
Porcelain bathtub: This type is the most expensive but also the most luxurious. It’s soft to the touch, and it has a beautiful finish.
How to Replace a Bathtub:
Replacing a bathtub is an important task that needs to be done regularly, mainly if it’s been used for a long time. Here are steps on how to replace a bathtub in Dubai:
1. Make sure to remove all the objects and furniture around the tub before starting the project so that you have more space to work.
2. Plan where you will place the new tub before beginning demolition work. Use measurements and calculations to ensure that the new tub will fit properly in its designated location.
3. Remove any old caulking or sealant from around the tub area using a caulk gun or plumber’s putty knife, then clean up any remaining debris with a broom and dustpan.
4. Apply an epoxy adhesive compound (or other similar material) around the tub’s perimeter using an applicator brush or roller, being sure to cover every nook and cranny. Leave the adhesive to dry for at least 24 hours before proceeding.
5. Cut out the old tub using a circular saw or jigsaw, keeping safety precautions in mind, such as wearing eye protection and hearing protection and avoiding contact with sharp blades or moving parts of the machine. Detach any pipes, hoses, fixtures or trim pieces that may get in your way during cutting operations.
6. Assemble the new tub by screwing in all screws provided until they are tight and filling any holes
Costs of Replacing a Bathtub in Dubai:
Below are the costs of replacing a bathtub in Dubai:
-The cost of labour to replace a bathtub is Dh1,000.
-The cost of materials to replace a bathtub is between Dh2,000 and Dh3,000.
-The cost of tools and supplies necessary to replace a bathtub is between Dh500 and Dh1,000.
If you’re considering replacing your bathtub, we’ve got some tips on how to go about it and how much it will cost in Dubai. If you need help determining what size bathtub you need or want to know more about our range of baths, head to our website for more information. As always, if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to contact one of our team members at the call centre or online. We’ll be happy to help!